Recipes for Reconstruction: The Cookbook for the Frugal Filmmaker
Veteran animator and filmmaker Steven Woloshen introduces a variety of simple artistic strategies to create decay and to re-assemble damaged film prints into new experimental visions. This book includes a special DVD (NTSC) with nine short films created specially for this do-it-yourself, “hands-on” manual.
An excellent resource for film production courses and workshops.
Featuring nine chapters & accompanying films:
1. Chronicle Reconstructions: Creating Reconstructions
2. Zero Visibility: Reproducing Decay and Damage
3. La Dolce Vita: Hasty Archaeology
4. Scrapbook: Correcting Correlations
5. Fleeing Rotland: Revitalizing Obsolete Gauges on 35mm Film
6. The Homestead Act: Using the Earth to Create Decay
7. Editorial: Contact Printing and Film Looping
8. Vista: Abstraction and Reorientation
9. The Rosetta Stone: Creating Hybrid Images